Built in 1892, the funds for the Robbins Library came as a gift to the Town of Arlington from Maria C. Robbins in memory of her husband, Eli Robbins. The building is designed in the style of an Italian Renaissance palace with the front entrance modeled after the Cancelleria Palace in Rome. The Reading Room features a fireplace, marble mosaic floor, antique oak wall, marble columns, and gold leaf accentuated arches and ceiling. This room and the adjoining lobby are available for rent for special events when the library is closed.
Text ShopArl1 to 313131 to receive occasional information about special offers and happenings in Arlington.